Payroll Officer Job Description Example
Overall purpose of job:
To provide accurate and timely processing of company’s payroll.
- End to end processing of selected (weekly, fortnightly and monthly) payroll(s).
- On-going maintenance of payroll system and leave planning system (if
- Updating and maintaining payroll records.
- Liaising with staff and management on payroll related queries.
- Maintaining leave, sickness and overtime reports.
- Interpreting awards/agreements and contracts in relation to overtime, shift
- Undertaking required reporting, both internal and statutory reporting.
- Payroll administration – egg filing, setting up new starters.
- Calculation and payment of termination payments.
- Processing increases and calculation of back pays.
- Assisting Payroll Manager with month end consolidation.
- Assisting Payroll Manager with reconciliation and payment of payroll and group tax.
- Reconciling payroll related GL accounts.
- Calculating annual leave and LSL provisions/accruals.
Competencies required (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Demonstrated payroll processing experience.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Numerical ability and data entry skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Understanding of payroll legislation and processes ie. tax, superannuation.
- Ability to interpret awards and relevant legislation.
- Customer service focus.