Payroll & HR Manager Job Description Example
Overall purpose of Job:
To develop, recommend and administer approved policies and procedures in human resources, employee relations and related issues, consistent with business strategic plans, objectives and priorities. Ensure all payroll related functions are carried out at optimum standard in accordance with company policies, procedures and work practices as well as meet all statutory compliance dictated by various governing bodies.
- Maintain complete employee records.
- Process payroll on time and ensure accurate cost allocations to the jobs and relevant cost default cost centre.
- Monthly reports/journals and statutory returns such as Payroll Tax, PAYG, Superannuation, Workers compensation etc.
- General enquiries and inquiry resolution.
- Monthly reporting.
- Provide cost analysis and salaries and wages information as required for budgetary purposes.
- Industrial Relations (IR) - effectively manage IR climate/ issues including but not limited to performance counseling,
- EBA negotiation process, compliance with enterprise agreements and relevant legislation etc.
- Recruitment and Selection - effectively manage and/or coordinate the process by ensuring cost effective and high quality service from recruitment providers; coach or train all managers in targeted selection recruitment process; ensure all remuneration and benefits issues are accurately assessed and appropriately in line with salary bands; ensure effective delivery of induction program for all new employees and monitor pre-employment medicals and other selection criteria as deemed appropriate.
- Superannuation Fund - administer company superannuation fund to ensure legislative compliance.
- Learning and Development – ensure appropriate learning and development activities are undertaken consistent with the company’s strategies, policies and procedures; Ensure that development programs are prioritise in response to defined needs and objectives and within each department’s budgets; Ensure training expenditures are monitored and training records are well maintained.
- Performance Management – develop and support a performance culture and play a significant role in managing the performance review process. Develop and review performance appraisal system, succession planning and assist when required in developing and administering award, recognition and compensation plans including bonuses, wages proposal and salary review recommendations.
- General HR Activities – ensure the quality and direction of human resources service and advice is fully minimized and valued and properly aligned to company’s strategy and objectives; Develop and manage company policies and procedures updates/changes.
- Rehabilitation Policy – in collaboration with the Safety Manager, effectively manage rehabilitation plan for all injured workers in accordance with relevant legislation, company’s policy and procedure in order to minimize potential financial exposure in workers compensation premium.
Competencies required (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Demonstrated payroll management experience.
- Demonstrated HR management experience including application and interpretation of awards, acts, legislation and compliance requirements in an HR and payroll environment.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability.
- Ability to create, review and supply policies and procedures.
- Customer service focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Presentation skills